Many of the experiences in our lives are governed by the laws of attraction. Have you ever noticed the emotions that arise when you hear a particular piece of music; gaze at certain works of art; or interact with specific people? These feelings and what you do with them are governed by the Sacral (2nd) Chakra.
The Sacral Chakra is your center of creativity at every level: physical, artistic and sexual. Located 2 inches below the naval, the Sacral Chakra is the energy center connected to your thoughts and beliefs concerning desires and needs. It influences your emotional flow, which like water, is never static. The Second Chakra represents allure and acceptance, and your ability to “go with the flow.”
- Color: orange
- Element: water
- Location: lower abdomen, lower back, sexual organs
- Associated body parts: hips, lower back, sexual organs, bladder, kidneys, stomach, bodily fluids, (tears, urine, blood, menstrual fluids)
- Basic issues: pleasure, sexuality, sensuality, emotions, intimacy, warmth, creativity, confidence
- Gemstones and crystals: moonstone, orange tourmaline, tiger eye
- Flower essences: basil, hibiscus, lady’s slipper
- Essential oils: jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang
- Food: liquids (e.g., water, juices, teas)
Signs of Unbalanced Second Chakra:
Manifestations of Sacral Chakra imbalance include aversion to change and emotional repression. Sexual dysfunction and a fear of intimacy may be present; guilty feelings too, particularly about the activities that would normally give one pleasure. A Sacral Chakra imbalance could also trigger physical complications such as frigidity or impotence; lower backaches; kidney, bladder or urinary problems; and gynecological issues. Common addictions include sex, work, relationships and sugar.
Sacral Chakra Healing:
Life is so much more enjoyable when lived from the second chakra perspective. Deriving enjoyment from pleasurable activities without guilt is our God-given right. A balanced Sacral Chakra enables us to feel life more fully, form strong connections to others and express healthy emotions. Try these sacral chakra balancing techniques:
- Gentle yoga
- Make an appointment for a body massage (or offer to “trade” with your partner)
- Listen to your favorite music
- A warm bath (add bubbles, candles and your favorite music)
- Hold or wear moonstone, orange tourmaline or tiger eye gemstones.