Arsenal has been a top English football club since year 1919. This club is famous for its online Arsenal Quiz and Trivia.
The workers of Royal Arsenal, Woolwich in the year 1886, formed the Arsenal football club, which is also known as The Gunners. The club was called Dial Square initially after the name of a workshop, but the name Royal Arsenal was adopted later in the same year. In year 1891, the club changed its name to Woolwich Arsenal. It moved to Highbury in year 1913 and adopted its current name in year 1914.
The club joined the Football League in the year 1893 in the Second Division and it was promoted to First Division in the year 1904.
The first crest of Royal Arsenal was unveiled in year 1888. It had three cannons. Each with a lion’s head carved on it viewed from above. This crest was dropped in year 1913 and readopted in year 1922. In year 1949, the club added the Latin motto “Victoria Concordia Crescit” which means victory comes from harmony. The modern crest features cannon, the club’s name and the motto.
Arsenal fans are often referred to as Gooners. The word comes from “Gunners”.
Here’s some trivia about the club that can help you in Arsenal quiz:
- Thierry Henry has scored the most number of goals for the club, numbering to 226.
- The record attendance for an Arsenal match is 73,295 against Sunderland that drew 0-0.
- Arsenal holds the record for playing 10 consecutive matches without conceding a goal. It achieved this feat in year 2005-06 during the UEFA Champions League.
- David O’Leary has the record of playing most number of matches for the club. Between the years 1975 and 1998, he made 722 appearances.
- In English football quiz, Arsenal holds the record for spending the most number of consecutive seasons in top flight. An outstanding total of 82.
If you are a fan of Arsenal football club, you can create your own Arsenal Quiz by going through the history and other trivia about the club.